Before I forget, I want to let you all know I’ve been redoing the Fringe Association boards over on Pinterest. I’ve never been able to keep up with the old “best ___ patterns” boards I set up long, long ago, and thought it would be fun and useful to create a board for each of the series I do here on the blog. So I’m basically — gradually! a handful of posts at a time — repinning almost the whole archive of the blog, pinning series posts into corresponding boards. You can always see any series at glance right here on the site by clicking the linked series title/tag down in the categories and tags links at the very bottom of any post, and the series I post into most often are also linked in the right rail of the blog. But this gives you a way to see any series at a glance over on Pinterest, as well as to follow anything you’re interested in. For example, you can see/follow the Make Your Own Basics board, or the New Favorites board, or whatever floats your boat. I’m only up through the end of 2012 at the moment, so they’ll be filling in gradually over the next couple of weeks. It’s fun to see those old posts resurfacing — there’s so much stuff I still want to knit! So go check that out, and of course please re-pin liberally!
– Uh oh, I was afraid this might happen: Wool shortage in Iceland
– vs. a yarn revival in the UK
– 5 ways to build a more ethical closet (no matter your budget!)
– Sometimes the best tip is practice — as true for knitting as for sewing
– The myth of patience in craft (goes well with the last Q for You)
– Short history of the sewing kit (via)
– Cute crochet baby blanket
– Name change alert: Blue Sky Alpacas and Spud & Chloe are together becoming Blue Sky Fibers
– I can haz?
– and, really, I have no words for this
SHOP NEWS: The new issue of Taproot arrived, and its theme is my current favorite subject, “Preserve.” It’s a really great issue, so take a look at that as well!
And please have a marvelous weekend. Thank you for reading!
Photos from Iceland Mag and The Craft Sessions