Hi, happy Friday! Before we get into this installment of Elsewhere, I want to profess my love for all of the comments you left on Monday’s post about Folkwear. So many lovely stories and memories, then the cherry on top was THIS. The whole thing gave me heartmelt, and I want to again wish Folkwear’s new owner, Molly, so much luck in reviving this legendary brand. Ok—
– Knitting Pretty — I’ll be watching this short vintage film ce weekend (photo top left)
– Are you playing along with MDK March Mayhem?
– If you haven’t been following Kristine Vejar’s textile adventures in Bali and Java, go look while it’s still at the top of her feed! (bottom right)
– Felt as “fossilised fabric” (and can I go to that retreat, please?)
– Is that a “hank,” a “skein,” a “ball” … ? (bottom left)
– I love this Seamwork profile of Asiatica, one of my hometown’s most distinctive businesses
– Where do you stand on Missoni’s pussyhats? Here’s Michele Wang’s take
– Alabama Chanin has some upcycling to do (top right)
I’m excited about this weekend — I blocked the pieces of my Channel last weekend and get to stitch them together. It’s been clear for a few days that this sweater is taking a little change in direction, though, and I’ll have more to say about that next week!
I hope you have an awesome weekend. As always, I’d love to hear what you’re working on …
SHOP NEWS: We’ve got a new batch of the Lykke straight needles sets (along with the individual sizes) and Knitters Graph Paper Journals, and all of the mini scissors (except the owls) are back in stock. Along with so many other gems at Fringe Supply Co.!
PREVIOUSLY : Elsewhere