Effective Date: May 25, 2018
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Like many websites, the Sites collect information about you depending on how you use them. However, all information collected is done via third parties (see below) and is not maintained or stored directly by Fringe Industries.
When you access the sites, we automatically collect non-personally identifiable information, such as your web browser, IP address, and time zone. Additionally, as you browse the Sites, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically collected information as “Device Information.”
Via third parties, we collect Device Information using the following technologies:
– “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
– “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
– “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
When you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Sites, certain information is collected by our payment processor, PayPal, including your name, billing address, shipping address, and payment information (including credit card numbers, email address, and phone number). Fringe Industries does not have any access to your credit card number or other payment information in any way; PayPal only transmits to us the information needed to fulfill your order: your name, email address and shipping information. We refer to this information as “Order Information.”
We also collect information from you when you sign up for email services or make a comment on the Sites. We refer to this information as “Account Information.”
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including arranging for shipping and providing you with invoices, confirmations and/or notifications). Additionally, we use this Order Information to communicate with you about your order.
We may use your Account Information to send you information about the Sites and products. We only send this information to you if you have explicitly opted in to receiving it via the Sites.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We never sell your Personal Information under any circumstances. In addition, we never share your Personal Information with third parties for their commercial gain. We share your Personal Information with third parties ONLY to help us use your Personal Information as described above. For example:
- We use Big Cartel to power our online stores—you can read more about how Big Cartel uses your Personal Information here: https://help.bigcartel.com/privacy-policy.
- We use PayPal to process payments or credit card transactions—you can read more about how Paypal uses your Personal Information here: https://www.paypal.com/gi/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full
- We use Shipstation to create postage for shipping—you can read more about how Shipstation uses Personal Information here: https://www.shipstation.com/privacy-policy/
- We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site—you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- We use MailChimp to send occasional news and information about products. You can read more about how MailChimp uses Personal Information here: https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/
- We use WordPress to create content for the blog, where readers can post comments and sign up for notifications. You can read more about how WordPress uses Personal Information here: https://automattic.com/privacy/
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information held by the above-mentioned third parties about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident, note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Sites), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
When you place an order through the Sites, we will maintain some of your Order Information for our records, as described above, unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
The Sites are not intended for individuals under the age of thirteen.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by email at email@example.com.