Don’t adjust your dial, it’s not Friday yet, just Wednesday! (Remember when I used to do Elsewhere on Wednesdays? Hump-day distractions ftw.) Since Sept 1 is on Saturday, I’m actually kicking off the Marlisle Knitalong here on Friday, so I’m doing a little mid-week Elsewhere today!
– Admirable Kickstarter aimed at increasing awareness and income for Peruvian alpaca farmers (photo above left)
– “… monetizing a hobby changes our relationship with it, shifting it from play to a job. And our society undervalues play, even though it’s an important component of health. …” (photo above right)
– I don’t know why histories of colors and pigments are so fascinating, but they are! (thx, DG)
– I think I could live happily all summmer if all I owned was what Martha McQuade packed for Portugal
– (Speaking of: Do hand-drawn packing lists make anyone else think of “Sara Midda’s South of France”? Just me?)
– Current style muse: @ebonyh