While I was putting this list together last night, I was listening to the Close Knit Podcast episode with the always giggling Brandi Harper (who you know from this and this) (photo top left), in which they get into a conversation about the lack of diversity in the knitting/crafting community as represented on blogs and social media and such, which is such an important conversation. I have literally moved from one town to another in the past because the lack of diversity was so unnerving to me, and it puzzles me about this community. I know that the knitters of the world are not as overwhelmingly white as the faces I see on my Instagram feed, so thanks to Ani and Brandi for opening up a dialogue about it, and I’d love to hear everyone’s thoughts.
With that, links!
– Enormous thanks to everyone who pointed me to the Dirt to Shirt segment from a night of the PBS NewsHour I clearly missed — so good!
– I love this interview with BT Tech Editor Robin Melanson — if you don’t know what a tech editor is or does, it will give you new appreciation for what goes into a quality pattern! — but my favorite part is her incredibly beautiful cable sketch-chart
– I take issue with their definition of what constitutes 2 different outfits, but this is still thought-provoking: 33 Articles of Clothing = 25,176 Different Outfits (thx, Jess D!)
– The MyBodyModel Kickstarter is now live — if you’re excited about sketch templates customized to your shape, you know what to do! (bottom left)
– Looove this visualization by Elizabeth Suzann of what happens to natural fibers vs synthetics (top right)
– “You have to be willing to be bad at it to get good at it.” (Don’t matter what “it” is!)
– and favorite Instagram photo of late (bottom right)