Having had to take a pass on the chance to visit Shetland with a bunch of my knitting-world friends last month (someday I’ll get there!!), I’ve been living vicariously through Instagram and now Fancy Jaime’s multi-part recap of the trip (photo above left). So that’s my number one recommendation for your weekend reading. Still, more gems:
– Stellar piece: Jane Jacobs, Georgia O’Keeffe and the power of the Marimekko dress
– Beyond being therapeutic, knitting might actually deter dementia
– If you’re in Portland OR, please go see Narangkar Glover’s beautiful knitted color studies (photo above right)
– Well said: “They come [to learn] also because they understand handcraft as a form of meditation that has a sense of creativity. When you work with handcrafts you oftentimes develop a surge of energy of that creativity, and happiness; fulfillment. A meditative quality, really. It brings in the surge of energy, the qi of creativity, which is a sensation of feeling happy.”
– I hope this comes true: Sketch templates in your own measurements
– Have you looked at the #summerofbasics feed lately? So good!
– And I am a surprisingly taken with this Wonder Woman shawl! It’s so beautifully done. I personally can’t deal with red and yellow together under any circumstances, but I secretly want a b/w or tonal neutrals version of this, and then only I would ever need to know what it really is or means.