So the big news of the day is that the much anticipated army-green Porter Bin is finally in the shop this morning! To everyone who snatched them up at Squam last week, thank you for your enthusiasm! To everyone who’s been emailing and asking and pleading to preorder, thank you for your patience! This is a limited batch but we do expect to have more in the not-too-distant future. I don’t have any more specifics than that at the moment, but for now what we do have is there for the ordering — further news when I have it!
UPDATE: It was a quick feeding frenzy on the army green stash but they’re NOT GONE! Remember our shopping cart expires after 10 minutes, so as long as there’s still an Army Green option in the dropdown, it’s not sold out and there’s a chance it will exprire out of some of those carts. So if you get the message that they’re all in somebody else’s cart, just check back after 10 minutes. They’re not gone as long as it’s still an option in the dropdown.
And with that, a bit of long-overdue Elsewhere—
– I failed to note that last Saturday was Knit in Public Day — you were doing it anyway, right?
– Knitting as wartime esionage tool (thx Leigh and Jess!)
– The Sewbots are coming! (so many mixed feelings about this)
– Has anyone tried the Good On You app?
– Love this history of Rowan (and hence of the knitting world of today)
– Kate Davies’ open letter to the Shetland Islands Council makes me sad (Signed, future Heritage Tourist)
– AND … #growyourownmarl is my new favorite hashtag
Have an amazing weekend! Hope to see you on the #summerofbasics feed.
PREVIOUSLY: New Field Bag + Elsewhere