Happy Friday, friends — here’s a nice juicy Elsewhere for you!
– Best online panel discussion title ever: Pussy(c)hat, March 4 at 12pm EST — I’m sorry to miss it! It promises to be a rich and nuanced discussion
– I’m honored to be included in an upcoming book called “Woods – Making Stories,” which is now in crowdfunding
– “Even as a maker, I’m a consumer. I consume yarn and fabric … which means that the guidelines slow fashion provides us with … apply to makers as well”
– Jenny Gordy’s sashiko-patch mending technique (bottom right)
– “… starting the making process as adolescents, it often takes around a year of a person’s life to make one of these dresses, and some women continue to decorate and dye their garment for their entire lives …” — you MUST watch the video at the end
– NPR’s interview with the Monopoly thimble made me LOL (thx, Angela)
– I covet Jen’s quilt
– And this one (free pattern right there on IG!) (top right)
– I’m eager to listen to Marlee Grace and Mira Blackman
Have a marvelous weekend, everyone!