– Remember what I said about how the size 38 Anna Vest looks amazing on all different body types? Anna did an awesome post on the Tolt blog showing the sample vest being worn by Tolt staffers of all shapes and sizes (It’s never too late to join the knitalong)
– Style blogger Lee Vosburgh on choosing to forego big brands for ethical ones
– Lovely video of an afghan refugee talking about the joy he gets from his knitting machine (thx, Jess!)
– I happen to know she’s not “the last patternmaker” but I loooove this video about the 82-year-old pattern drafter at Raleigh Denim
– Interesting musings from Ella Gordon about “Shetland” and authenticity — a subject under much debate lately, especially in light of calls for protection of the word Shetland in labeling
– Craft as “a little space to collect oneself” — I have so many thoughts on this I don’t know where to start
– Clara Parkes has landed knitting (or more specifically, “Knitlandia”) on the New York Times bestseller list!
– And speaking of knitting books, this Kickstarter involves a whole bunch of my favorite people
IN SHOP NEWS: We currently have every size and color of Bento Bags on the shelf. Hooray!
Make sure you get in a bunch of that “relaxation response” this weekend, lovely people! See you next week—