TGIF, y’all. Here’s a juicy bit of Elsewhere for you—
- Let’s start with the cutest earworm ever (thx, Anna — I’ve been singing this for how many days now?)
- I’m happy to have discovered the seeming treasure trove (aka time suck) at tedresearch.net
- as well as the Apiece Apart Woman series, which I heard of because they interviewed Adele Stafford of Voices of Industry (a recent Blog Crush of mine)
- A short history of Fair Isle (via Kay)
- Jane Richmond’s Cowichanalong sweater is amazeballs
- Remember that Faroese shawl I posted about awhile back? Jules has published a pattern of her own, Big Star
- and an adorable stash-busting project for a good cause
IN HATALONG NEWS:
I’m racing to try to get the final Fringe Hatalong Series hat of the year launched next Thursday — without a preview post this time. This is all the heads-up you’re getting! It’s designed for men but is perfectly unisex. And it’s just garter stitch and stockinette but with really interesting construction. A great gift hat, with a great story. The only thing to know in advance is you’ll need about 180 yards of worsted-weight yarn, and gauge is 5 sts/inch. (Washable wool if you intend to donate it.) Watch for that next week!
There’s a new cowl kit color in town! The bone repair hooks are back! The new Taproot is here! The dye kits sold out but will be back next week! (We still have signed books.) Looms should be coming sometime today (scratch that: Monday!). And DON’T MISS THE FIELD BAG UPDATE today at Noon Central Time. We had more grey last week, so those have lasted the week, if just barely. This week we’ll have more army green, which has been stunningly popular. Hopefully this batch will hold out for more than a few hours, but if you’re coveting it, best to be there at noon!
So much is coming in or selling out every day this time of year — do you follow @fringesupplyco on Instagram? That’s your best bet if you don’t want to miss anything. And have you seen the #fringegiftoftheday ideas? More to come.
Happy reading, happy shopping, and happy weekend!