Friday! And not a moment too soon. Things are pretty intense at Fringe HQ right now, with tons of exciting stuff going on behind the scenes — most pressingly prepping for Stitches South next week. (My weekend will be spent sewing miles of muslin drape for the booth walls. Wish me luck.) Who’s coming?
– Did you hear? Brooklyn Tweed is moving to Portland
– Kids who start charities boggle my mind (thx, Doug)
– I’ve picked out my fantasy Craft Sessions class lineup. Now if I could just win that lottery …
– I might have to sew up an Orton, a simple oversized tote bag from Merchant & Mills — free pattern here (I just heard myself and laughed — because yes, I have so much spare time and so few tote bags! But still)
– I’m loving this trend of knitting patterns as Instagram posts: see Freebie Worsted Ankle Socks from madelinetosh and @wisktenmade’s Lamb hat baby pattern in the form of a step-by-step knitalong happening on her feed now over multiple posts
– Speaking of knitalongs, I know you’ve all just cast on for the Fringe Hatalong No. 2, but I want to also let you know about the Harrisville Designs knitalong-competition-with-prizes being hosted by my friends at Squam, of which I’m to be one of the judges — details on the Squam blog!
– And don’t miss Cirilia’s blog post about the evolution of L’Arbre.
Happy weekend, everyone — can’t wait to see your L’Arbre hats!
PREVIOUSLY in Elsewhere