I thought the least I could do while we were in Florida this week was show you the modified Wiksten Tank I made a couple weekends ago — my first foray back into sewing in a while. So the other evening, after a little family outing, I asked Bob to postpone fishing long enough to snap a few pics. He patiently obliged, but my darling niece — very eager to fish with her Uncle Bob — decided to photobomb the proceedings. So what I have is a bunch of awkward photos of me making funny faces at her that don’t really show the top all that well. But she’s cuter anyway!
This one’s sewn from some grey-striped cotton khadi I bought at A Verb for Keeping Warm last year. I’d made the Wiksten Tank before and found, on me, the front of the neck was too low and the front hemline a little too high. So this one is the medium, same as before, but with a few tweaks: I raised the neckline several inches, graded it out from a medium at the underarms to a large at the hem, and used the XL back hemline for both the front and back. This fabric is a little on the stiff side, so the shirt does stand out from the body more than it would in a lighter fabric. I’m eager to cut another one from linen and see how the shape works, but I think it’s very nearly what I want. It’s a fun little pattern to play with!
IN OTHER NEWS, there have been a few developments in the shop this week: The latest issue of Taproot is in; the missing colors of mid-size Bento Bags arrived; more Bookhou pouches in waxed canvas also came in; and there’s a new balm in town — Hand-Aid by my friends at Little Seed Farm.
Hope you’ve all had a lovely week!