I have a little Elsewhere for you today, for starters:
- My sweet friend Kathy Cadigan wrote a sweet guest post for Tolt about knitting as a kind of journal
- How to get faster at knitting by the always-amazing Felicia
- (Did you listen to us both on Woolful yet? Love that girl)
- Jaime Jennings has made the puffy vest of my dreams
- Remember when I said I wanted to make a simple raglan top out of that boiled wool at Purl Soho? They beat me to the punch! Gaahhh, want
- Love Marlee Grace’s podcast interview with Liane of Enhabiten
- Amanda Soule’s warm hands are warming my heart (Wabi Mitts kits are back in stock, by the way!)
I also want to talk to you about Stitches. Many of you have asked if I’ll be having a booth at Stitches West again this year, and after a lot of deliberation, I’ve decided not to. One of the many reasons is that Stitches South is moving this year, from Atlanta to my newly adopted hometown of Nashville! So I’m concentrating my energy on the (hopefully) much bigger booth I’ll have at Stitches South in late April, and I’m encouraging you to come. If you’ve ever thought of traveling to Nashville, I can’t think of a better time. The Stitches shows (where I learned so much of what I know) are so worth going to — whether or not you have to travel to get to one — but they’re generally near destination towns, not in them. South will be right here in Nashville, at Opryland. So in this case, you can partake of the amazing classes and the marketplace and get to enjoy the town. It also coincides with the Nashville Flea Market, which I’m told is ranked in the top-ten fleas in the country but I can tell you is the best flea I’ve ever been to, and I’ve been to a lot. Restaurants, music, hiking trails, the flea, and a chance to attend Stitches. Why would you not come?! I’ll have more to say about it between now and April, but you should seriously take a look at the class schedule and give it some thought. Grab a friend and come together!
And I have exciting shop news: First, there’s some amazing micro-batch yarn from Abundant Earth Fiber, which you can read more about right here. Because there is so little of it, I’m declaring that it will be for sale at 10am CST this morning, and when it’s gone it’s gone, so set an alarm. Also, as noted above, the Wabi Mitts kits are back in stock in all colors and larger quantities this time, so hopefully you can get the one you’ve been wanting! And the beloved wooden gauge rulers are also finally back in stock.
Happy shopping, happy reading, happy knitting, and happy weekend!
PREVIOUSLY in Elsewhere