Deciding what to do with the sleeves for this chunkified Walpole cardigan was not easy. I love the wide, unshaped sleeves of the original pattern. But I also know how many big, cozy, wonderful, shawl-collared sweaters I’ve given away over the years for the sole reason that the sleeves — while looking fabulous — were forever in the way. So I decided to do a very slightly shaped sleeve that cinches in at a longish cuff. And I’m really happy with the way it’s looking. What I’m less happy with, now that I’ve got it on waste yarn (er, baker’s twine) and can properly measure it, is the proportion of the sweater body. I did only minimal waist shaping but I’m wishing I’d done none. I’m not sure how much additional width I’ll gain when the twisted rib detail running up the front relaxes in blocking, but I think it’ll still be smaller than I want this sweater to be. So there’s a good chance I’m ripping it back to the first decrease.