Elbow patches are everywhere these days — from classic brown leather to countless modern interpretations. (And they’re not just for sweaters!) I love them all unto death. Unfortunately, they aren’t applicable to my life or wardrobe, since I have a pathological need to roll or push any given sleeve up over my elbow. So I just gather up images and gaze admiringly at them. And also dream up variations on the HonestlyWTF needle-felted heart idea seen here …
Top to bottom, left to right:
1. Simple brown cotton patches on a navy pullover by Brandy Melville
2. Needle-felted hearts in a DIY tutorial by HonestlyWTF
3. Crocheted doily as elbow patch on what I believe to be a Dosa sweater — can anyone confirm?
4. Contrasting front, back and elbow patches at J. Crew
5. Chambray patchwork on floral by Junya Watanabe
6. Gingham inserts — by let me know if you know!