I don’t have any new knitting to show you this week, but I do have some links and updates you won’t want to miss!
– The Unfinished Ones is a Stockholm gallery exhibit by Kari Steihaug, wherein unfinished knitting projects are hung as art, along with their stories — some funny, some poignant (thx, Kerstin)
– The late, great Ruth Asawa made the New York Times memoriam-roundup, The Lives They Lived
– Lovely free sock pattern at Cotton & Cloud
AND IN SHOP NEWS:
– The first new addition of the year is this spectacular tobacco-brown waxed canvas tool pouch (one of them went straight home with me)
– I should have called the Thank-You Sale the Bento Bag Stock-Up Sale — you all wiped me out of them in two days flat! Except for the underappreciated tan ticking, which is one of my favorites! As of yesterday, though, I’ve got all sizes and colors again, but in some cases just a few, FYI. More coming later in the month. (And speaking of the bentos, this is one clever customer.)
– Last but not least, the “High-fiber” tote — featured in the new Knitscene, which I haven’t seen yet — is now available at Home Made in Swainton NJ. And Apple Yarns in Bellingham WA, already fully stocked on other FSCo goods, will now be carrying the Yarn Pyramid — look for it there in a few days! (Full stockists list is here.)
Have a fantastic, fiber-filled weekend, everyone!